<-- back to Restoration home




The building owner was going to pay someone
$10,000 to have this entry rebuilt due to rot.

I over-ruled that.  I did restoration carpentry
on both sides for just a few hundred dollars.

See next five pictures:








After stripping and priming the entry
structure, I cut away the rotten portions:





Here is the exterior of one side 
after rebuilding:





Here is the interior of one side 
after rebuilding.  Staining and 
varnishing happened next of course:





Stripping the columns and entry structure:





Painting my way down:





Hard to believe I get paid for this:







<-- back to Restoration home